UNION HALL

UNION
HALL

116 Grote Street, Adelaide

 
 
#edited2019a-12.jpg

Our
History

The hall at 116 Grote Street was constructed in 1915 as a city mission hall for the Seventh Day Adventist Church. By the 1920s, it had become the meeting hall and offices of the Federated Allied Liquor Trade Employees Union. For many years the hall was also known as the Promethean Theatre and was a home to jazz, fringe, cabaret and theatre performances.